The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our relationships.
The quality of our relationships is determined by the quality of our communication.
Social media will never replace real world interaction.
Social media enhances our real world relationships and compliments our interactions allowing us to converse, share, organise, and connect. Just like in the real world.
Wherever you are. Be there.
We can’t always physically be there but social media allows us to be there.
If you choose to be there then participate. Be there. Be present.
- Connect with someone.
- Join the conversation.
- Start a discussion.
- Share something.
- Check in.
- Create an event and invite people.
- +1 or Like something.
- Write a review.
- Shoot a video.
- Take a photo.
This will improve and enhance the quality of your relationships in the real world.
Just a reminder… In case you forgot…
1. pertaining to, devoted to, or characterized by friendly companionship or relations: a social club.
2. seeking or enjoying the companionship of others; friendly;sociable; gregarious.
3. of, pertaining to, connected with, or suited to polite or fashionable society: a social event.
4. living or disposed to live in companionship with others or in a community, rather than in isolation: People are social beings.
5. of or pertaining to human society, especially as a bodydivided into classes according to status: social rank.
1. a plural of medium.
2. (usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as internet, radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.
PS: There is nothing in the definition of “Social” and “Media” that has anything to do with selling, transacting or business. But that’s a topic for another post…